Adopted: January 1991 / Amended: November 2010/ Amended: May 2017
PURPOSE: To encourage a spirit of mutual interest and assistance among Mini owners and the preservation of Minis and their history in Oregon.
NON-PROFIT RESTRICTION: This club shall not be conducted or operated for profit and no part of any profits or remainder of residue from dues or donations to the Club shall inure to the benefit of any member or individual. Note our tax payer ID is our Registration # is 236960-81 and must be renewed with the state of Oregon by end of February each year.
MEMBERSHIP: Membership is open to any applicant with ownership of a Mini or with an interest in the marque.
- Membership shall require the annual payment of dues (due in January) in the amount determined by the Board of Directors.
- Fiscal year shall coincide with the calendar year of January 1 through December 31.
- Club general meetings will be held monthly throughout the year and will fall on the second Sunday of each month unless so notified in a Club mailing to all members.
- Members shall behave in a respectful manner in accordance to the Oregon Mini Society’s Code of Conduct.
- No one may present themselves representing the club or enter into agreements on behalf of the club without prior approval from a majority vote of the Board of Directors.
- The Board of Directors may cancel the membership of any member by a majority OMS Board vote upon determination that such member has engaged in conduct that is in violation of the Bylaws and/or the OMS Code of Conduct.
A. A formal warning from the Board of Directors will be sent to the offender.
B. In the case of a continuing offense, a written notification of membership cancellation will be presented in writing to the offender.
C. Any individual whose membership has been canceled may make a written appeal for reinstatement to the Board of Directors. That appeal will be considered at the next regularyly scheduled monthly club meeting. Membership status will be decided by a 2/3 majority of the members present with a minimum of 12 members in attendance.
Members acknowledge that the Club is not responsible for their actions and hereby waive any and all claims against the Club, officers or members for liability for loss or damage based upon personal injury or property damage, to the extent such loss or damage is caused by or results from Members actions, negligence or willful acts or omissions and Member agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Oregon Mini Society, its officers and representatives for such loss or damage.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- The Board of Directors shall consist of five elected positions which will be comprised of the President, Vice-President/Activities Director, Treasurer/Secretary, Membership Director, and Newsletter Editor. In addition, the positions of Regalia Director, Historian and Web-Master will be retained as non-elected, non-voting members of the Board of Directors.
- Offices held by members of the Board of Directors will be for a term of two years.
- Board member nominations and voting shall be made by the membership at the November and December meetings respectively, or by mail or electronically to the secretary during the time frame mentioned above.
- There shall be a regular meeting of the Board of Directors prior to the January general meeting, at which the old and new Officers shall exchange club property and ensure a smooth transition.
- Meetings of the Board of Directors shall be called by the President or any two Directors and each Director shall be provided at least five days prior notice. Board Meetings will be open to all Club members but prior notice is not required. Meetings may be held at any time or place as designated in the above mentioned notice.
- Majority vote of those present shall constitute the determination of the Board at a duly called meeting provided at least three of the voting Board Members are present.
- Vacancies in the Board of Directors shall be filled by the Board. A new Director shall fill the unexpired term of his predecessor.
- Board Members may be removed at a duly called meeting of members by a 2/3 majority of the other members at a general meeting with a minimum of 12 members in attendance.
DUTIES OF THE OFFICERS
- The President shall preside at all meetings of the members and of the Board. He/she shall be the Executive Officer of the Club and its Board.
- The Vice-President/Activities Director and shall assist the President as requested. The duties of the Vice President/Activities Director includes the selection and scheduling of club events. The Vice President shall assume the President’s duties in the President’s absence at any functions requiring the President’s attendance.
- The Treasurer/Secretary duties shall include custody of all club money subject to the restrictions of the Board, maintaining account records, reporting of financial status monthly and providing a financial statement annually, filing IRS Form 990 N by May 15th each year, and preparing the books for the Board as deemed necessary by the Board.
- The Membership Director shall be responsible for membership solicitations, applications, renewals, and terminations. The Membership Director will maintain the club database (including the update and distribution of revised spreadsheets to Board members) as well be responsible for the production of an annual roster to be distributed to all club members in March after the annual renewals have occurred.
- The Newsletter Editor shall publish a monthly newsletter providing information that helps advance the purpose of the Club.
- The Regalia Director shall be responsible for generating regalia stock in accordance to club approval. The Regalia Director shall have custody of all club regalia and will oversee the transport and sales of regalia at club functions.
- The Historian shall be responsible for maintaining a written and photographic record of Club activities.
- The Club Web-Master shall be responsible for regular maintenance of the club’s website.
AMENDMENT OF ARTICLES AND BY-LAWS: The By-Laws may be amended together or separately by a 2/3 majority of the other members at a general meeting with a minimum of 12 members in attendance.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Expenditures greater than $50.00 excluding regular, monthly newsletter costs and periodical purchases must be approved by a majority vote of the Board of Directors.